[OSM-legal-talk] Starting Repository For Public Domain OSM Data

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 03:10:28 BST 2008

It seems our idea for a public domain repository of OSM data has some
merit. This means we have some things to decide on. A name, what
vehicle we will use to release the data under the public domain, a
host for our mailing list, and a sponsor for our data hosting needs.

Should we just fire up a Google Group to communicate while we get
these things hammered out, or would OSM support a "public domain"
mailing list?

Landon

P.S. - I might be able to get the OSGeo Data committee to take an
interest in our project and help out with a server for our repository.