[OSM-legal-talk] Contact Info For Tom Hughes Regarding Public Domain Mailing List

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 18:32:51 BST 2008

Tom,

Many OSM contributors indicated that they are interested in a PD alternative
(Richard, Frederik, myself etc). I believe that having a PD database
(subset) many have a few applications. Like showcasing OSM on website where
a viral license will be an issue. Google Earth etc.

We all want to improve OSM data quantity and quality. We just haven't agreed
on weather a viral license will help or hinder. Just like we haven't agreed
on JOSM vs. Potlatch.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 6:33 PM, Sunburned Surveyor <
sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com> wrote:

> What about a yahoo discussin group for OSM-PD? Would anyone object to that?

I'm sure many people would.