[OSM-legal-talk] Starting Repository For Public Domain OSM Data

Gustav Foseid gustavf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 20:49:23 BST 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Sunburned Surveyor <
sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is public domain really this hard?

I don't think so.

"You are free to do whatever you want with my contributions to OSM."

To me this looks a bit like discussing if Pi is:
3.14159265358979323846…
The ratio of any circle's circumference to its diameter.
The ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter in Euclidean plane
geometry.
Four times the Leibniz formula

As Frederik said: "The thing that is simple about PD is what contributors
want - they
simply want to make the data available to anyone, forever, without
restrictions of any kind, full stop."

 - Gustav