[OSM-legal-talk] Contact Info For Tom Hughes Regarding Public Domain Mailing List

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Oct 22 10:11:47 BST 2008

SteveC <steve at ...> writes:

> Guys OSM isn't going PD... can't you go start
> ReallyFreeAndOpenStreetMap.org or something?
>
> Best
>
> Steve

It would be annoying to contribute first to PD and then separately to
OpenStreetMap-share alike, but I am not astonished if that will be the only way
to support both PD and OSM. It is a pity that I do not have local copies of my
OSM contibutions. I do not really believe that they can be extracted from OSM
database anymore because of non-PD contamination. Fortunately re-mapping is
usually faster that the first run. I am awaiting the new PD platform to appear.