[OSM-legal-talk] Circumnavigating Share-Alike through software / now and future

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 13:08:50 GMT 2008

In the case where the super-secret database owner does not encourage you to
use OSM-ng license data, there is nothing the license can do. The
super-secret database owner can simply argue that his software was written
for OSM/PD or OSM/CC-by-SA.

Another way frustrate SA will be to reduce the quality (randomize / spam) of
your proprietary data on a per client basis to the extent where the effort
to clean it up will be more than the effort to personally go and collect it.
(I got this idea when so many people said they don't want to be part of this
list).