[OSM-legal-talk] Seeing lawyers tomorrow morning
steve at asklater.com
Fri Oct 31 19:17:03 GMT 2008
Outcome from meeting
* Asked for a document going through each change and reasoning why
* Gave deeper overview of OSM, this led to a better understanding for
them of the license
* Went briefly through some use cases and some misconceptions were
corrected as to the meaning and intent of the use cases.
* Asked for document to go through use cases and explain if they work,
if not why not and so on.
* Jordan is reviewing the changes
* Wilson Sonsini are discussing changes with Jordan next weekto go
over intents, phrasing of certain parts
* Steve speaking to Jordan next week
* Armed with better understanding from speaking to Jordan, Wilson
Sonsini to get back with documents as above.
I will have more for you once I've had a chat with Jordan, and Wilson
Sonsini have also spoken to him. Essentially there are things in the
license that are from a legal perspective phrased one way or the other
and that may be a particular flourish of Jordans or relate to specific
case law and Wilson Sonsini would like a deeper understanding of those
On 29 Oct 2008, at 21:45, SteveC wrote:
> pacific time, agenda as posted here is to build reasons for comments,
> engage jordan where possible and hopefully go through use cases.
> Will post the results when I have them.
> legal-talk mailing list
> legal-talk at openstreetmap.org
More information about the legal-talk