[OSM-legal-talk] OSMHQ (Open Street Map High Quality): Viable Alternative For The National Map Corps

Thu Sep 4 10:36:08 BST 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> I personally think that this is taking things a bit too far; remember
> that to earn rights to something that is created, your contribution must
> be non-trivial.

<troll>

I like that. I reckon we should take it further. Those who do a lot of
mapping and coding get extra voting points and bragging rights on
legal-talk. Those who just pontificate about how other people's work
should be licensed... don't.

Of course, Frederik, 99% of OSM editors are made with either your
editor or mine. I reckon that makes them a derived work from our
souls. Our souls are clearly oriented towards the public domain. W00t,
we just freed OSM.

</troll>

Sorry.

cheers