[OSM-legal-talk] OSMHQ (Open Street Map High Quality): Viable Alternative For The National Map Corps

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Sep 4 20:02:23 BST 2008

Hi,

> Even if a sister project would set up the same toolchain, the same
> editors, databases etc. on a PD license, the sister project would miss
> the Yahoo satellite images. What kind of agreement has been made with
> Yahoo and does it allow other similar projects to use the images?

We do not have an agreement with Yahoo!. Rather, we have asked Yahoo!
for clarification, and Yahoo! has examined their terms and conditions -
without chaning them to accomodate us - and has said: Yes, we believe
what you're doing is within the existing terms and conditions as long as
you use our web API.

Bye
Frederik