[OSM-legal-talk] CC Attribution Share Alike License with OSMF exception

Albertas Agejevas alga at pov.lt
Fri Sep 5 12:59:28 BST 2008

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 12:07:28PM +0100, Brian Quinion wrote:
> Been reading all the discussions for a while with growing frustration.
>  I find my self mostly agreeing with the CC-By-SA license but I do
> wish there was a way to easily provide exceptions to those
> organisations wishing to make good use of the data but having problems
> with the license.
>
> So my questions is this:  would it be possible for the contributors to
> OSM (in addition to releasing the data as CC-By-SA) to also grant a
> license to the OSMF to use the data for ANY purpose? and to be able to
> in turn also license the data on other projects / organisations by
> unanimous vote?

You might want to take a look at the Zope Public Licence -- its
essence is that when any code is checked in into the repository, the
contributor and the Zope Foundation share the copyright for the
contribution.  This way both the contributor and the foundation own
the work and can relicence it.

Albertas