[OSM-legal-talk] CC Attribution Share Alike License with OSMF exception

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 03:54:00 BST 2008

Joseph wrote: "If we go with your proposal, the OSM foundation could
authorise future license changes if we find more problems with our new
license. I like that idea. Unfortunately, it gives the foundation a
lot more work to do."

I assure everyone the license will need to be changed again at some
point in the future. The legal system is in a constant state of
evolution and you never know how new technology will change the game.

I think it would be a great idea to contributors assign OSM the
ability to relicense OSM data as long as that decision follows a basic
set of principles.

The Sunburned Surveyor