[OSM-legal-talk] Process for agreeing the new licence

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 29 18:49:55 BST 2008

Jonathan Harley wrote:
>Sent: 28 September 2008 2:29 PM
>To: Licensing and other legal discussions.
>Subject: Re: [OSM-legal-talk] Process for agreeing the new licence
>

>I imagine legal issues were discussed at the OSMF AGM in August?
>Does anyone know? Are there any minutes of that or any other
>meeting? I'm an OSMF member but I've heard nothing.

Expect to see the minutes or OSMF management meetings on the OSMF website
very soon. You can then see what progress has been made on the licence
drafting over the last year. The AGM did not discuss legal issues at the AGM
because the AGM is not the forum for such discussions unless the membership
specifically ask for it to be placed on the agenda. In any case, the minutes
for an AGM are not available until they are approved, which is not until the
2009 AGM.

Andy Robinson
Secretary
OpenStreetMap Foundation
0777 553 7872
andy at osmfoundation.org

Name & Registered Office:
Openstreetmap Foundation
16 Oakfield Glade
Weybridge
Surrey
KT13 9DP
United Kingdom
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales.
Registration No. 05912761.