[OSM-legal-talk] maps packed in jar files

Razvan Aciu admin at kam.ro
Mon Apr 20 03:24:49 BST 2009

Hi

I want to make a commercial map application in Java, for simple mobile phones. For that application I want to use osm maps, which I will only compile to a suitable binary format, not modify them otherwise. Regarding this aspect, I think most of the http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/legal-talk/2008-December/001768.html thread also apply to my case.
What I want to ask is:
for this kind of mobile phones, I need to pack the maps together with the application in one jar file, because the phones will not allow me to put the maps separately on them and after that register them in the application (for this an optional Java JSR is required).
In this case it is ok to acknowledge the usage of maps in application and also make them available with the OSM license on the application website, or it is necessary to do other things to comply with the OSM license?

Best regards,
Razvan Aciu