[OSM-legal-talk] ODbL 1.0 status and a volunteer request

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Mon Apr 20 21:26:31 BST 2009

The Open Data Commons continues to work on the input on the ODbL 0.9 version, much made by the OSM community, and has as yet announced no formal revised schedule for ODbL 1.0.

The OSMF License Working Group has, however, received a new draft beta from Open Data Commons' Jordan Hatcher.  This isn't for public release but to solicit some feedback on anything missing and that it fits in line with the comments received and discussed on the [odc-discuss] mailing list.  Jordan is attending our meeting tomorrow (Tuesday).  If anyone would particularly like to review it and help with that feedback, email me and I will pass on that request at the meeting.

We would also like to strengthen the License Working Group. If you are interested and can join our telephone conference meetings, usually held early evening European time, please email me.  I can arrange for you to attend one via a local dial-in number.  The next is tomorrow, Tuesday 21st,  at the later than normal time of  20:00 GMT,  21:00 BST (UK), 22:00 CEST, 13:00 PDT (California).

Mike Collinson
OSMF License Working Group