[OSM-legal-talk] Non-existant streets

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 12:09:21 BST 2009

--- On Wed, 12/8/09, Shaun McDonald <shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk> wrote:

> Draw a way and add note=there is a non-existant road on xxx
> maps?

The concern with doing this is we could be acused of copying another map, but since we actually sight it and see it doesn't exist a stub might be sufficient

> It will mean looking at the data rather than the map.

Not really, if people see a blank on OSM but see a road on another map they might feel the urge to map the road that doesn't exist, that's what we're trying to achieve here, limit the amount of times people visit non-existent roads simply because there was no note on the map so they will assume it just hasn't been mapped.