[OSM-legal-talk] ODbL Enforcement (Re: OBbL and forks)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Dec 12 10:49:25 GMT 2009

Hi,

James Livingston wrote:
> Which brings us on to enforcement - at some point a user is going to use
> ODbL licensed data, not comply with the licence, and not respond to
> asking nicely. Who is going to sue them to enforce the ODbL and for
> what?

I am certainly not going to sue anybody. I consider my data PD anyway,
but even with ODbL in place and considering the best interests of the
project as a whole, for me it would be perfectly sufficient to be able
to say publicly that X is using OSM illegally. I would definitely oppose
any allocation of funds or effort to chase violators over and above that.

Bye
Frederik