[OSM-legal-talk] Licensing Working Group report, 2009/01/22

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 19:49:27 GMT 2009

Hello

This morning we held a second meeting of the OSM licensing working group.
Steve, Grant, Jordan, Mikel and representation from WSGR were on the call.

We briefly reviewed the outcome of the technical group meeting earlier this week.
Most of the general code for allowing people to agree  to the license, etc, is completed,
and ready for implementation within the overall integrated plan.

Work continues on the timeline and organization of license community.
We'll have details as soon as this is ready, hopefully by Monday.

WSGR has returned their comments on the text of the ODbL to Jordan for review.
They plan to talk early next week to work out final details. After they have spoken,
we will have our next working group meeting, on Thursday.

Best
Mikel & the Licensing Working Group