[OSM-legal-talk] 23rd Dec board meeting

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Jan 26 21:27:44 GMT 2009

"Andy Robinson \(blackadder-lists\)" <ajrlists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The November Board meeting minutes confirm the agreement that the Transfer
> of the trademark applications to the OSMF from Steve will take place. The
> December meeting reported that OSMF had started a dialogue with the
> solicitors processing the applications. It is correct that the actual
> transfer paperwork has not yet been completed, but this will happen in due
> course.

Thanks for the explanations and clarifications.  One question remains
from me: what steps are being taken to avoid OSM users committing
unnecessary wilful trademark infringement at this time?

As I understand it, once the trademark registration is confirmed (no
matter who to), unauthorised commercial use of the mark becomes a
criminal act punishable by unlimited fines and up to 10 years prison.
Has a written license been granted, or are you expecting people not to
call it OSM any more?

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef)