[OSM-legal-talk] Contributor Terms

graham graham at theseamans.net
Fri Jul 3 16:13:43 BST 2009

If I were a complete newbie I'd get lost in the first sentence: "but I
just want to enter a street that's missing, I'm not a copyright holder
for that. Or am I? Better ask the 'rights holder'. Now who would that be?"

Result: either go away or do like most people - scroll to the bottom
without reading so you can find the button to click to get to the next page.

Something more like "You will not enter any data which you have copied
from elsewhere without permission" would be clearer, even if it's only
an explanatory comment.

Graham