[OSM-legal-talk] Privacy and Terms

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Sun Jul 5 06:02:43 BST 2009

On Jul 4, 2009, at 11:27 PM, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:

> so are any T&Cs meaningful?

Yes, because they (would) protect us from complaints of censorship (or
unfair treatment) when we delete advertisements (and it's not the
watches, but instead the GPS receiver advertisements that we REALLY
need to worry about), or complaints of unreliability when people rely
on the information published on an OSM server.

Yes, one would truly be happier if people used their common sense.
Unfortunately, the United States Government has outlawed common sense
with its strict liability laws.  I love my country but fear my
government's ineffable stupidity and worse our executive team's
inability to perceive and correct problems with obvious solutions.

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - Twitter: Russ_OSM - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson