[OSM-legal-talk] signup notice

Stefan Baebler stefan.baebler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 19:28:25 BST 2009

While carefully translating osm rails website into Slovenian i noticed
that signup notice at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/new currently reads:

By creating an account, you agree that all work uploaded to
openstreetmap.org and all data created by use of any tools which
connect to openstreetmap.org is to be (non-exclusively) licensed under
this Creative Commons license (by-sa).

the "all data created by use of any tools which connect to
openstreetmap.org"  part can be problematic, as my browser connects to
openstreetmap.org. Heck, my computer and router also connect there,
and so does my phone and so does my ISP and my email provider
occasionally. Should all the work done using these tools  be lincensed
with the osm license (cc-by-sa for the moment)?

I guess a re-wording is needed here to calm down and invite the most
paranoid would-be contributors.

Stefan