[OSM-legal-talk] signup notice

Ulf Möller usenet at ulfm.de
Tue Jun 2 19:21:51 BST 2009

Stefan Baebler schrieb:

> the "all data created by use of any tools which connect to
> openstreetmap.org"  part can be problematic, as my browser connects to
> openstreetmap.org. Heck, my computer and router also connect there,
> and so does my phone and so does my ISP and my email provider
> occasionally.

The LWG discussed this in tonight's call. We'll need a different signup
notice with the ODbL, but for now we'd suggest to change the wording as
follows:

"By creating an account, you agree that all data you submit to the
Openstreetmap project is to be (non-exclusively) licensed under this
Creative Commons license (by-sa)."

Any comments?