[OSM-legal-talk] ODbL RC and share-alike licensing of Produced Works

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Tue Jun 9 10:45:20 BST 2009

Dave Stubbs wrote:
> how does 4.3 interact with that, or any of this discussion
> about bsd/whatever-the-hell-you-like licenses for produced
> works? (the you must attribute the database on produced
> works bit)

I don't see any way in which ODbL allows you to distribute a Produced Work
without attributing OSM.

I _think_ it might be less ambiguous if "it is available under this Licence"
(4.3) was augmented to "it is made available here under this Licence" as per
the example text below. I.e. "these conditions still apply to this data
here", not "these conditions would apply to the data if you were to get it
from somewhere else".

cheers
Richard