[OSM-legal-talk] Translations of osm.org

Jonas Krückel osm at jonas-krueckel.de
Mon Jun 22 20:49:30 BST 2009

Hi,
as hopefully everyone of you noticed we have now translations for osm.org.
This includes of course some license text. We have
a) the link to the license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/
b) the text that the user must agree when sign up
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/sites/rails_port/config/locales/en.yml
(line 691)

On IRC we had the question, if it is ok to point directly to the
translated link, e.g.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/deed.de for the german
translation.
And the second question is, if it is allowed to translate the agreement
for the user at the sign up process (a word was "ported" about the
license, I don't really now what this means here)?

If this is ok everyone should try to check the translation of his
language if it is legally right.
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/sites/rails_port/config/locales

Best,
Jonas