[OSM-legal-talk] Translations of osm.org

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jun 22 22:17:34 BST 2009

Hi,

Jonas Krückel wrote:
> And the second question is, if it is allowed to translate the agreement
> for the user at the sign up process (a word was "ported" about the
> license, I don't really now what this means here)?

If we take all this seriously (and I don't necessarily want to say we
have to), then, since the body responsible for the legal side of all
this is OSMF and OSMF cannot possibly check every language all the time,
I guess that there would have to be some disclaimer at the end of all
legal-related translations saying that the translation is given on a
best-effort basis but where uncertainties arise, the English version is
the binding one.

Then again I don't know if that's legal, ouch.

Bye
Frederik