[OSM-legal-talk] Privacy and Terms

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jun 26 18:02:07 BST 2009

Hi,

Russ Nelson wrote:
> I was relying on information in this book.  Feel free to disagree with
> John Forester (elsewhere), but my point applies to any unlikely event
> of bad consequences which can me mitigated at low cost.

"At low cost" is something that remains to be seen - with the initial
version we have here, the "low cost" would serve to discourage any
non-private users, force underage users to lie to us, and do all sorts
of other ugly things which I personally consider quite a sell-out to
legal scaremongers. The "cost" would be nothing less than losing face
and admitting you do the same shit that everyone else does just because
that's how the system works. I'd hope for this project to have the spine
to resist putting up stupid legalese that everybody *must* ignore to
stay sane.