[OSM-legal-talk] Privacy and Terms

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 26 18:06:58 BST 2009

Peter Miller wrote:
>Sent: 26 June 2009 2:58 PM
>To: Licensing and other legal discussions.
>Subject: [OSM-legal-talk] Privacy and Terms
>

>I fully support the process of adding a clear legal framework to the
>project but the terms and conditions and license can't be considered
>in isolation without looking at the Articles of Association at the
>same time. Andy asked for interest from people to work on the Articles
>of Association but I have not heard more about it and there is nothing
>on the foundation website. Is there a working group for this? Who is
>on it? Is it publishing minutes? Are there any proposed changes
>available for comment?

A sufficient number of interested persons have come forward to form the
group but it has yet to meet. Those who have come forward are a mixture of
members and non members from various locations around the world which is
good. When the group does meet the discussions and any proposals will be
fully reported. Any change in the Articles requires a vote of the
membership, so the purpose of the working group is not to make any change
but to recommend what might be changed and the suggested wording. It will be
up to the membership to decide if they want the changes or not.

Cheers

Andy