[OSM-legal-talk] [Spam] Re: License Telephone Debate

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Thu Mar 12 11:20:06 GMT 2009

Peter Miller wrote:
> The voice call idea might work, however I would ask the working
> group to provide any answers they  already have to questions on
> the Open Issues page before the event so that we don't waste time
> and also ask you to be sensitive to Frederik's observation that voice
> calls make it much harder for non-native speakers and are therefore
> the 'last choice' for an international project such as this,

As long as the phone conference is _additional_ to the existing processes,
not replacing them, I don't really see a problem. Existing avenues for
feedback are of course:

- this list and talk@
- international mailing lists
- co-ment
- the wiki
- odc-discuss
- (have I missed any?)

and I'm sure the working group will be taking them all into consideration.

(Personally I won't be at the call as I expect to be steering a boat up the
Trent & Mersey at the time, and besides, I don't really Do phone calls
unless I have to.)

cheers
Richard