[OSM-legal-talk] ODbL at SOTM

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Mar 27 15:39:23 GMT 2009

Hi,

    I am of the opinion that there absolutely needs to be a presentation
or workshop or whatever about the ODbL at the SOTM conference. The
license change is one of the most important issues for many in the
project and it would be absurd not to feature it at SOTM.

Of course, the content depends on the state the license change is in by
that time -  whether it is "we have agreed to use this license and
so-and-so many percent of data is already relicensed", or "we need your
help in determining the project's answers to the following questions",
or "OSM in times of ODbL: What has changed, what stays the same", or
"our revised schedule for adapting ODbL" or whatever.

Is some one from the license working group or OSMF going to hold such an
event, or is it something you'd rather leave to a member of the community?

Bye
Frederik