[OSM-legal-talk] Suitability of source of road refs?

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Fri Nov 6 16:25:44 GMT 2009

On 5 Nov 2009, at 11:16, Gregory Williams wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I stumbled upon this document the last night and see that it’s got a
> nice table of bridges and names and ref that the bridge is on
> together with the bridge refs:
>
> http://www.kent.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/5A8CDF82-3DB2-4179-BB8B-583DDADCBA1A/0/app3tamp.pdf
> (Table 12.1 on PDF page 70)
>
> Given that the vast majority of these are C and D ref roads they’re
> not actually marked on the ground so this would be a useful way to
> get those refs. I wonder what your views are on the legality of this
> as a source of information?

Good stuff!

You are fortunate to live in a county with a very forward looking
council. Check out this website [1] to see the way they are trying to
embrace open data. They claim to have 500 datasets available already
which is impressive. [2]

To answer your question, I suggest that you ask them and see what this
say.

Regards,

Peter

[1] http://picandmix.org.uk/