[OSM-legal-talk] What should be considered legal?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 20:28:19 GMT 2009

> Thanks. The reason I asked that was that I frequently forget where the GPS trace was taken - was it a road or a track, which village or whatever else. This usually happens in areas where OSM map is pitch white :) Yahoo maps aren't very helpful there either.

well, you can still upload the traces as they are always usefull (also
more than one on the same place), especially in white areas, but
without further information (road name, road class, physical state,
reference number, restrictions etc.) you should tag them as
highway=road if you decide to do it (and if it wasn't cross country).
Btw: I guess you ment yahoo aerial imagery, as we have no right at all
to trace yahoo maps or take information from it.

cheers,
Martin