[OSM-legal-talk] Legal aid - tentative data source from an Australian regional council

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Mon Sep 7 13:21:12 BST 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Jeff Price<jeff.price at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I approached my local council some months ago enquiring about access to
> their road data and recently gained a in principle agreement for shapefile
> content via cdrom.  While I explained the creative commons licensing they
> also came back with a license agreement of their own.  Is there someone on
> the list who could help me to ensure things are done correctly?  Would you
> like to to work directly with one person (all going well should be a few
> emails and a phone call) or work with the entire group via this list?

Dear Jeff,

Congratulations on finding a possible data donor and taking the
conversation this far.  You may want to take this conversation to the
"Imports" mailing list[1] where the goal is matching folks up to
locate, acquire, convert and import data sets from various sources.
There will also be an "Imports" list conference call this week for
those interested.[2]

I would be pleased to help you with the current discussion in any way
that I can.  I took part in a similar discussion that lead to a data
donation from the Canadian government.

Best regards,
Richard.