[OSM-legal-talk] Monopoly City Streets

Peter Millar peter.millar at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 20:47:39 BST 2009

I think that OSM is entitled to ask if the Creative Commons license has been complied with.

The Monopoly City Streets game is produced by Tribal DDB which is part of Hasbro Inc., one of the biggest toy manufacturers in the world. They own, among others, Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble and work on toys with Disney. The City Streets game is part of their strategy to bring game profitability to the internet.

Hasbro Inc. does not hesitate to pursue anyone who get too near to their intellectual property. It was Hasbro who went after Scrabulous last year.

It has got to be very unlikely that Hasbro would share any insights into Google's maps' Easter Eggs. Both company's understand intellectual property very well; Hasbro well enough to tell us whether they are complying with the CC license.

--
Peter Millar