[OSM-legal-talk] Vote for Google to liberate their aerial imagery - *please help*

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 02:04:24 BST 2009

On 9/12/09, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 14:49 +0100, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>> Google has a really enlightened guy called the "Data Liberation
>> Front". His role is to make it easy for people to get their data out
>> of Google - rather than it being locked in.
>
> Notice that signing online petitions to encourage change is roughly as
> effective as urinating windward to stay dry.  Consider starting a paper
> letter campaign so it costs them time and money dealing with it instead.
> You know what most people think when they're the target of an online
> petition?  "LOL! *baleeted*"

seems to work at least as well as writing to my MP. the responses have
always been of two general forms:

1) thank you for your input. what you have said agrees with what my
party whips say. i hope i can count on your support at the next
election.

2) thank you for your input. what you have said disagrees with what my
party whips say, and here are their reasons why you're wrong:...

cheers,

matt

PS: go, voting! go, democracy! don't be evil!