[OSM-legal-talk] attribution of data for use on TV

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 11:19:18 BST 2009

> Hi,
>
> telegee at hushmail.com wrote:
>> My question is what type of attribution is appropriate?
>
> I think I'm speaking for the majority of contributors when I say that
> having the credits in the credits roll at the end of a TV production is
> perfectly all right (that's the usual place for credits in that medium)
> but the responsiblity rests with you, or the broadcaster, in the end.

+1

i agree - the method of attribution can be whatever the standard
method of attribution is for the medium.

of course, we'd all like to see the OSM logo displayed prominently on
the screen, but it should be an advantage of using OSM data that you
don't have to give free advertising to TA/NT/MS/GG ;-)

cheers,

matt