[OSM-legal-talk] Grant for usage of a google mapmaper users data to me

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 13:29:39 BST 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 7:44 PM, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
<jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Will you react calmly if Google send messages to
>> every OSM contributor asking them to dual-license their data? Only if
>> you can honestly answer yes should you proceed.
>
> HI there,
> I would never just spam anyone.
> But there are some really motivated mappers in kosovo, and they dont
> even understand that they cannot print these maps or use them
> properly.
> The guy was still searching for the print buttton!

How good are the Yahoo imagery of Kosovo? The big thing about GMM is
that they have better coverage than Yahoo has. People just want maps
they don't care about "free maps", sure they may care about it if they
can be bothered to understand the issues.

What I have seen on GMM  looks suspiciously  like ppl copying
information from copyrighted maps.