[OSM-legal-talk] license violation: very large Korea import

Jonas Stein news at jonasstein.de
Wed Apr 7 20:33:33 BST 2010

hi,

i mentioned this problem some time before.
(Nearly) whole korean map data was imported in one session.
This data seems to be not suitable for OSM.

Please help to clearify that situation.

Discussion just started by uploader on
gmane.comp.gis.openstreetmap.region.ko

Knowledge collection on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Koreaimport09

I think the uploader has invested a lot of spare time to script this
nice import. Perhaps we can save some or all of his work.

As we could not yet validate that the data was legally imported please
make a backup of the data and remove it from the public map as soon as
possible.

Thank you for any help,

--
Jonas Stein <news at jonasstein.de>