[OSM-legal-talk] Using img OSM data

davidss mapilok at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 01:40:57 BST 2010

I have absolutely no experience with OSM sort of data and its mapping tools
(I have just registered in OSM few mins ago),  Im used to work with MP
format in Mapedit and cgpsmapper. For sure decompiling IMG is not the best
way but I found that link with those free download IMG maps under CC-BY-SA
2.0 and I went ahead decompiling them. Anyway, I hope to learn more about
OSM and I hope to learn a more efficient way to use that data, but by know,
it is enough for me.

On a different but also legal topic, I have done some good MP maps based on
series 1:5000 and 1:25000 from
http://www.icc.es/eng/Home-ICC/Home/Cartography/Products . It's goverment
map data from my country. You can see at the bottom of the page the Legal
Notice (probably you need google translator). I wonder if I could share my
maps with OSM in accordance with that legal notice