[OSM-legal-talk] viral attribution and ODbL

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Tue Apr 20 19:17:56 BST 2010

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 18:12:50 Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> TimSC wrote:
> > I am beginning to conclude the ODbL is a bloated, confusing mistake.
>
> I think your characterisation of ODbL as "bloated" and "confusing" is
> grossly unfair.

Well, the fact is that copyright law, the european database directive, and
international intellectual property treaties are f***ing bloated and
confusing.

The goal of copyleft licenses (and the CC suite of licenses) is to simplify
all that... even if that means that the internal nuts and bolts have to deal
with the inmensely complex laws.

Cheers,