[OSM-legal-talk] Nike and (lack of) OSM attribution

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Tue Apr 20 23:59:45 BST 2010

Hi all,

Reading my RSS feeds I stumbled upon this:

http://blog.oobrien.com/2010/04/nike-grid/

Seems like we caught Nike cheating on OSM data by the "characteristic kinks in
the paths in [Oscar's] local park that he surveyed and that don’t appear on
OS/Google/Teleatlas/Navteq et al map data."

Can someone within the OSMF (and with a bit of free time) get in touch with
Nike and have a chat about the issue?

Cheers,
--

http://ivan.sanchezortega.es
Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.32-trunk-amd64 kernel, KDE 3.5.10, and
PHP 5.2.12-2 generating this signature.
Uptime: 00:55:05 up 6 days,  2:15,  2 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.09, 0.09