[OSM-legal-talk] Viral can be nice

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 08:47:47 BST 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 1:26 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> Tim,
>
>> OSM is not essentially anything at its core. It is different things to
>> different people.
>
> I'm talking about the sentence that defines OSM at the top of our Wiki
> page, which in all likelihood has been there in this form when most of
> us signed up.
>
> If you sign up to a project which claims to be A but to you the project
> is B,

Obviously a lot of people think Openstreetmap is more than just a
collection of coordinates in a db. I think you try to redefine it in a
way that supports your PD argument. Lets just agree to disagree, I
interpret the message on the wiki to be about allowing you to use maps
in anyway you want. I've yet to see an argument, against SA on the
produced works, instead of just opinions such as yours,  the only one
that exists is "PD is easier".

If ODBL existed in the same variants as CC does, this would be easier.