[OSM-legal-talk] (Not) "Removing" data

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 11:46:00 BST 2010

On 10 August 2010 18:34, Mike Collinson <mike at ayeltd.biz> wrote:
> Two, we have at least one contributor who has sadly passed away. Normally, the executors/inheritors of the estate would be approached.  But what is the benefit to them?  This is one reason I am very keen on leaving future license changes to then active contributors,  I really, really don't want folks to have to ask my daughter's permission just to keep open data relevant and useful in a changing world.

I, like many others, signed up to OSM and started contributors
specifically because it was a BY and SA project, but I don't want my
contributions under a non-BY or non-SA license, why can't my wishes be
recorded like contributors wishing to express their choice of PD?

Maybe instead of restricting things by CT as to future license we
should just ask contributors as to what they would agree with as a
minimum, eg:

Do you require attribution: Yes/No
Do you require share-a-like: Yes/No

If they say no to both then that is obviously PD...