[OSM-legal-talk] Questions on the Contributors Term

Nakor nakor.osm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 21:57:06 BST 2010

     Hello,

1) What is the exact definition of "copyrightable elements"? Does it
mean that the elements has a copyright or does it mean that the element
could have a copyright? The reason I am asking is because the French
version of paragraph 1. of the contributor terms seems more lazy to me
than the English one.

2) Where does PD data (mainly TIGER, NHS, NPS, NAIP imagery, USGS
imagery) fall with regards to contributor terms, specifically "You have
**explicit** permission from the rights holder to submit the Contents
and grant the licence below"?

3) same as 2) for tracing from Toporama WMS
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Toporama_WMS)

4) same as 2) for tracing from Yahoo imagery

Sorry if 2, 3, 4 have already been answered. In that case please direct
me to a place where that would be clearly explained.

   Thanks in advance,

N.