[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] NearMap Community Licence and OSM Contributor Terms

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Thu Aug 19 21:51:50 BST 2010

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010, SteveC wrote:
> Maybe it's fine to publish advice as public opinion in Australia. I don't
> know.
If I, as a company director, in Australia, receive legal advice obtained for
that company, I can share it with the entire Board, and then the Board makes
the decision on with whom the advice is shared.

The lawyers do not get to decide with whom the advice is shared.

When assessing legal advice consider
Who asked for it
What questions were actually asked
and what the objectives of obtaining the advice were

for example

Board member AB seeks legal advice on removing Board Chair BC from office
will produce a different result to
Board Chair seeking legal advice on Board member AB's plan to unseat the Chair