[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] NearMap Community Licence and OSM Contributor Terms

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 23:01:46 BST 2010

On 19 August 2010 22:05, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> I don't think they're being unreasonable about the future, we all have points to make about the process, the CT's etc. It's holding the past data hostage I don't personally feel is very cool.

That's just another words to say "not linking the new lincese + CT is
uncool", right?

There are many more people who have issues with the new CTs (me
included) and don't want their past data under the CTs, same goes for
NearMap.  It's not "trying to steer OSM", this was just NearMap's
answer to the question "do you agree to CTs + ODbL".  If you don't
want to hear the answer, don't ask the question.

As mentioned ODbL is probably the future but the process to get there
sketched by LWG is Just Wrong ;)

Cheers