[OSM-legal-talk] Contributor Terms - The Early Years

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Mon Aug 23 01:34:40 BST 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 7:58 PM, SomeoneElse
<lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk> wrote:
>  On 22/08/2010 15:27, Mike Collinson wrote:
>>
>> http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Group_Minutes or directly
>> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1lVQlsnuEKPY2gjspScwHqgmo8RyoqmuaWWmWh58T4TY
>> 0.1
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=18q0b_f_-rtuWWC04qaAcO3NY_Aob2QjY2gGRMmo0IrM
>> 0.2
>>
>> Mike
>>
> Thanks Mike.  Any idea how or why the "or" got lost from para 1 between 0.2
> and 1.0?  Without it para 1 in 1.0 seems self-contradictory to me?

That's an open question for the lawyer that wrote the CT.  In casual
conversation with one lawyer ("casual" as in I wasn't paying the
lawyer) I was told that legal-English is not FORTRAN and the or is not
required for legal-English syntax.  This one lawyer does not trump the
OSMF lawyer, this is just one data point.  Perhaps any lawyers on this
list would comment on this matter in general?