[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] ODbL vs CC-by-SA pros and cons

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Sun Aug 29 09:16:42 BST 2010

On 29 August 2010 07:23, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
<jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
>> Duane,
>>

> Not at all, I never consider that OSm would move to an incompatible
> contract system and away from copyright/copyleft. That idea is totally
> alien to me.

h4ck3rm1k3, please update the wiki to list under what license you
received the information:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Kosovo_iMMAP_Import
Currently I cannot find listed at all.

Am I correct in understanding the data is from the 1970s and 1980s?

> I have trusted that OSMF would treat the old data as valuable, if they
> don't, then it is not my problem.

Of course we value all existing data but a few unfortunatly licensed
imports should not put undue restrict restrictions on the project.

Regards
 Grant