[OSM-legal-talk] some interesting points from the bing license

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Dec 2 20:17:30 GMT 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>> I believe there'll be a Bing Maps blog post going up soon on the same
>> topic.
>
> http://www.bing.com/community/site_blogs/b/maps/archive/2010/12/01/bing-maps-aerial-imagery-in-openstreetmap.aspx
>
> Richard

Some people have already decided that the license offered by Bing, and
the intent demonstrated by their public statements, is enough to move
forward.

So here is something interesting.  And it combines several of the
recent announcements relating to OpenStreetMap.

Today, I put a bug in to Skobbler's OpenStreetBugs system,
then fixed it using Potlatch 2 on the Open MapQuest site,
and added some more details with the Bing Imagery(!) shown there.

Open initiatives from both MapQuest and Bing, built upon the work of
countless OSM contributors and F/LOSS tools, combined in one place to
help me make an improvement in OpenStreetMap?  I think that's nice to
see.