[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] Unsetting CT flag

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Dec 7 08:59:10 GMT 2010

Hi,

On 12/07/10 09:24, kevin at cordina.org.uk wrote:
> However, I believe the license is different.  Contributors give OSMF
> a licence to use their data in a particular way.  That licence is to
> their personal rights.  I think it is wrong that this licence can be
> changed in the future without the consent of all contributors whose
> data will be affected.

Maybe it is just a problem with concepts and wording. Where you say
license, I think CT: The contributors grant OSMF the right to use their
data under specific rules. These rules can never be changed without
their consent, and it would be wrong (like you say above) to try and
retroactively change these rules.

These rules include the right for OSMF to redistribute the data under
certain licenses, the choice of which must conform to a set of criteria
which are defined *in advance* by the contributor and are *not modifiable*.

So, the const-ness you're looking for is in fact there - just not on the
level on which you are lookign for it.

Bye
Frederik