[OSM-legal-talk] New phrase in section 2

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Wed Dec 8 12:27:41 GMT 2010

Simon Poole wrote:
> That however does require the importer/mapper to raise the
> issue to a level where that support exists. As the LWG has
> pointed out, that hasn't worked in the past, and there is IMHO
> no reason to believe that it will magically start working in the
> future.

Oh, sure, nothing "magically starts working". It requires willingness and
commitment to make it work, just like everything else in OSM. I'm willing to
put effort into licence compatibility (and have made suggestions to LWG,
which they've taken up, to ensure CT compatibility with attribution-required
licences). Are you?

Richard