[OSM-legal-talk] CT clarification: third-party sources

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Fri Dec 10 16:53:48 GMT 2010

Just a note to say that it is not universally agreed that the ODbL is
"free and open".  I don't consider it to be a free licence because of the
contract-law provisions.  However I seem to be in a very small minority
(perhaps a minority of one) on this point so I don't bang on about it *too* often
these days.

So I think that "free and open" is more like "share-alike" in being a term that
is open to interpretation rather than a factual property.

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>